How to make Simple:Press work with Graphene
The symptoms: You install the Simple:Press plugin. When you look at the forums page, there’s no content.
Simple:Press advises changing the page template to call the_content() instead of the_post(). This fix makes the forum page content appear, but all of the other pages render blank.
The solution: Make a new template for the forum page.
- Make a new template page. From the command line or file browser, navigate to the theme directory in /wp-content/themes/Graphene . Copy page.php and name the copy forum.php .
- Change it to use the_content(). Edit forum.php with a text editor or with the Wordpress editor under Dashboard > Appearance > Editor.
Make the following changes (highlighted in red)
* //add these lines to name and describe the new template
* Template Name: My Simple:Press - Forum Template
* The Template for displaying all forum pages.
/* Run the loop to output the pages.
* If you want to overload this in a child theme then include a file
* called loop-page.php and that will be used instead.
//comment or delete this line
//add this line
get_template_part( 'loop', 'page' );
Save the changes. View the page to confirm.